Is there mold at your job?
Have you been smelling a funny odor or even seeing black spots in your office? That could be mold and it could be dangerous.
For the most part, mold is unmistakable, but sometimes small or largely hidden growths just make a surface look dirty. A quick test for mold can be done when you dip a swab in diluted bleach (1 part bleach, 16 parts water) and dab it on the wall. If the spot quickly lightens (or keeps coming back after cleaning), assume it's mold.
Did you know that microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business? Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Remember we specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advanced training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property? Don’t wait until someone gets sick, once you spot mold at your place of work give us a call!
From Fort Oglethorpe to Varnell, Cohutta to Praters Mill, or anywhere in between, we take pride in serving your neighborhood! We are a locally owned and operated franchise with employees dedicated to providing a quality customer experience! 706-866-5646