Fire prevention tips for businesses
According to fema.gov every year there are 17,000 office and store fires that cause over 800 million in direct property damage.
On top of that did you know that most of those fires were caused by something similar or the exact same as a home fire? Here’s what FEMA says that
should be done to prevent these fires:
- Check for damaged or overloaded electrical outlets, cords, and cables.
- Keep anything that can burn away from electrical equipment
- Never leave portable heating devices unattended
- Keep your workplace and equipment clean, dry, and well ventilated
- Plan & Practice multiple escape plans in the event one is blocked
- Ensure windows can be blocked & screens can be removed.
Employers should prepare for emergencies:
- Make sure smoke alarms and sprinklers are properly installed and working
- Post clear fire escape plans on every level of the building
- Teach employees about exit location, escape routes, and fire protection equipment.
- Check the condition of fire ladders and escapes
- Conduct regular emergency drills
When your business operations are interrupted by fire or water damage, you need professional help to get your property back to business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. We provide professional cleaning or emergency restoration services to get your business running smoothly again.
From Fort Oglethorpe to Varnell, Cohutta to Praters Mill, or anywhere in between, we take pride in serving your neighborhood! We are a locally owned and operated franchise with employees dedicated to providing a quality customer experience!