Fire Prevention Tips for Your Business
Fires are destructive events that can leave business owners at a loss. However, there are steps you can take to help prevent a fire from occurring at your business. It all begins with emergency preparedness! Here are some tips to lowering the risk of fire at your business:
- Create a fire escape plan and keep it accessible. Make sure your employees know the plan and try to have at least one fire drill per year for practice.
- Install a working sprinkler system throughout the building.
- Use only one extension cord per outlet and replace electrical wiring on a regular basis.
- Give appliances an appropriate amount of space between them and the wall to avoid overheating.
- Designate one individual to be your safety officer, who will be in charge of all your safety plans. This allows for organization to occur during an emergency.
Emergency preparedness is key to preventing fires and staying safe!